MUMBAI: The ‘serial kisser’ of Bollywood Emraan Hashmi turns 36 today. In spite of going through a tough time in his life, the ‘Mr. X’ actor has come a long way in his professional life.
Not a very long ago, Hashmi’s four-year-old son was diagnosed with cancer but the inspirational actor did not lose hope and stood besides his little champ. With God’s grace, Emraan’s child is now treated and is absolutely healthy and happy.
On his special day today, let’s have a look on some interesting facts about the actor which you might not know:
• Before making a debut in Bollywood, Emraan hshmi was an Assistant Director for the movie ‘Raaz’ featuring Bipasha Basu and Dino Morea.
• ‘Raja Natwarlal’ starring Emraan Hashmi opposite Humaima Malik had a different title initially. It was earlier suggested as ‘Shaatir’
• Nicknamed as ‘Emmi’, Hashmi is born to a Muslim father and a Catholic mother.
• The ‘Murder’ actor was earlier to debut in Bollywood opposite Ameesha Patel in 2001 with ‘Yeh Zindagi Ka Safar’. However, he was later denied the role as the makers felt that he was not fit for the character. Hashmi was then seen in ‘Footpath’ of Vikram Bhatt.
• In spite of delivering powerful performances in movies like ‘Once Upon A Time in Mumbai’ and ‘Shanghai’, the actor continues to be tagged as a ‘serial kisser’. We hear that the actor is on a kissing spree in his upcoming movie ‘Mr.X’ with Amyra Dastur.
• According to the reports, the actor had once admitted that he would like to pass on the title of ‘serial kisser’ to his cousin Alia Bhatt.
• Well, we all know that the actor has never let any of his intimate scene on screen affect his personal life with wife Parveen Shahani with whom he is married for more than six years. The couple started dating during their school days and despite the Casanova image, the duo lives a healthy life together.However, Emraan’s wife for the first time reacted to his intimate scenes in Murder, which she apparently was unaware of and dug her nails in Emraan’s arms with anxiety and by the time movie ended; the actor had several marks on his wrist. Since then, Emraan has not seen any of his movies with such scenes sitting besides his wife.
• Emraan Hashmi admires Sanjay Dutt in Bollywood.
• In one of the interviews, Emraan confessed that one thing he misses about being single is ‘one-night stands.