Some of the biggest movies are slated to release in 2016. What adds to the excitement is the fact that the year seems to be ruled by the Khans of Bollywood. So all the fans of the Khans get ready to watch some of the biggest releases of 2016 or should we say get ready for the ‘Khan’ releases—Dangal, Raees, Sultan and Fan.
Here’s a look at the upcoming releases:
- Stars ‘Mr. Perfectionist’ of Bollywood and one of the ‘Three Idiots’—Aamir Khan.
- Salman Khan was Aamir’s personal trainer in this movie.
- The movie is based on the real life story of Mahavir Phogat, the famous wrestler who trained his daughters Geeta and Babita Phogat to be professional wrestlers. Both recently participated in the Pro-Wrestling League (PWL) which witnessed the participation of some of the best wrestlers from across the globe.
- Aamir is seen in a dual role in the movie. He plays 50-year-old Mahavir Phogat and also a 27-year-old man.
- For his role of wrestler Aamir Khan had to put on weight to weigh 95 kg. He commented on the same, “I am 95 kg right now and that’s enough for the character. My breathing has changed; when I tie my laces, my stomach comes in between.”
- Aamir, who is known to give a real touch to his characters, personally met Mahavir Phogat and his daughters to understand their journey. He also stayed in Ludhiana for two months. To get a touch of the regional dialect, Aamir travelled from Haryana to Punjab and interacted with the locals there.
- A biographical sports drama, ‘Dangal’ is slated to release on 23 December 2016.
- Sultan stars the ‘Sultan’ of tinsel town—Sulman Khan.
- ‘Sultan’ is also based on the real life story of wrestler Sultan Ali Khan. No body-doubles have been used to carry out the action sequences in the movie.
- Salman will undergo three different body transformations. The first phase will see him as a heavy weight wrestler weighing 90 kgs, after which he will shed some weight to come down to 88 Kgs. The last phase will see him in a muscular look weighing around 70 Kgs.
- Rekha, who is believed to be playing a pivotal role in the movie, will be seen playing the mother of Salman.
- The female lead in the movie is a negative character. However, the name of the actress chosen for the role has not yet been announced.
- Another important character in the movie, the coach of Sultan will be played by Randeep Hooda. Earlier, the names of Hollywood hero Sylvester Stallone and Sanjay Dutt were also considered for the role of the coach.
- Salman’s brother-in-law, Ayush Sharma will be working as an Assistant Director in the movie. No doubt, Salman is famous for introducing new faces in the industry.
- ‘Sultan’ is scheduled to release in Eid of 2016.
- This movie stars the ‘King of Bollywood’ and the ‘Dilwale’ of all, Shah Rukh Khan.
- Pakistan heartthrob and ‘Humsafar’ actress, Mahira Khan is all set to make her Bollywood debut with ‘Raees.’
- This time it’s not the usual romantic ‘Raj’ or ‘Rahul’ but the hot-headed ‘Miyan Bhai.
- The role of Miyan Bhai has Shah Rukh sporting a beard.
- The movie set in the 80s shows the life of a cruel bootlegger whose business is thwarted by a tough cop, the role of which will be played by the critically acclaimed actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui.
- The catch-line ‘Baniya ka dimaag aur Miyanbhai ki daring’ in the trailer already promises a hard and serious film.
- ‘Raees’ also came into controversy when the Shiv Sena vowed not to let Pakistani actors promote their films in Maharashtra.
- ‘Raees’ is scheduled to release on 8 July 2016.
- In this film too, it’s the SRK magic at play with him in the lead.
- Shah Rukh will be seen playing a dual role in the movie ‘Fan.’ One of the roles is of Bollywood superstar Aryan Khanna and the other is a character half his age, the die-hard fan of Aryan, Gaurav Chanana.
- One of the interesting things about the movie is that the logo of the movie is a collage made up of pictures of SRK’s real fans.
- The amazing VFX and prosthetics have helped Shah Rukh look pretty much different from his real self while portraying the role of the fan in the movie.
- Shah Rukh’s house ‘Mannat’ was recreated in the Film City as the Director wanted to shoot a shot in the residence of SRK to give it a realistic look.
- If reports are to be believed, ‘Fan’ in some sequences will remind you of SRK’s blockbuster movie ‘Darr’.
- The movie stars Ileana D’Cruz and Vaani Kapoor in the female leads. All three will be working together for the first time.
- The movie is set to release on 15 April 2016.