Justin Bieber pleads guilty to assault charge

| Friday, June 5, 2015 - 17:41
First Published |

Justin Bieber pleads guilty to assault charge

Los Angeles: Singer Justin Bieber has pleaded guilty to assault and careless driving charges for a run-in with a paparazzi in August 2014.

Bieber was involved in a collision between a mini-van and all-terrain vehicle in Ontario, Canada, on August 29 last year, that eventually resulted in a physical altercation between him and the other driver.

At that time, Bieber's lawyer Brian Greenspan released a statement that said his client's weekend "was unfortunately disrupted by the unwelcome presence of paparazzi".

"This has regrettably resulted in charges of dangerous driving and assault," Greenspan had said.

Bieber has now pleaded guilty, meaning he acknowledged responsibility, but it's not a criminal conviction to common assault for a run-in with a paparazzi.

He acknowledged that he made contact with the photographer, noting that it was a spontaneous and short-lived reaction, reports eonline.com.

According to Ontario's Ministry of the Attorney General, Bieber "pleaded guilty and received an absolute discharge" to the dangerous driving charge and "pleaded guilty and received a $750 fine" to the careless driving charge when he appeared before the judge via video as he was here while the judge was in Ontario on Thursday.

The conclusion of this case brings a close to all legal matters for Bieber.

Download English News App and stay updated with all Latest News.
For News in English, follow us on Google+, Twitter and on Facebook.

Add new comment

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.