- There has been some talk about why I remained silent, for the past two weeks. The Reason why I remained silent is because of the deep sense of pain I felt that a few people would actually believe that I am being anti-National.
- For me my country comes first, nothing else matters to me but my country. The best way to express your patriotism is to spread love and thats all I have ever tried to do through my work and cinema.
- When I shot my film 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' in September-December last year, the climate was completely different, circumstances were different.
- There were efforts made by our government for peaceful relationships with the neighbouring country and I respected those efforts then.
- I respect the sentiment today, I understand the sentiment because I feel the same.
- I would like to say that of course I'll not engage with talent from the neighbouring country given the circumstance but with same energy I beseech you to know that over 300 Indian people in my crew have put their blood, sweat and tears into 'ADHM'.
The entire controversy had started after militants attacked army base camp in Uri where 19 Indian soldiers were martyred. Following the attack, a huge over Pakistani artistes was raked in the country. Maharashtra based political party MNS under chief Raj Thackeray threatened all Pakistani actors to leave India or be ready to face the consequences.
'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' stars Pakistani actor 'Fawad Khan' and this is the reason why the film is being targeted and threats have come from people advocating for ban on Pakistani actors, that the film should not be allowed to be released.