Mumbai: Amid the ongoing controversy over Karan Johar’s upcoming film ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ release, following the ban on Pakistan artistes after the Uri terror attack, several Bollywood celebrities on Thursday spoke on the issue.
Breaking his silence on the entire controversy, Director Karan Johar in a video message on Tuesday (18 October) had said that he was hurt on being called an anti-national.
Meanwhile, Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday had assured Mukesh Bhatt, President of a film producers’ body, that Karan Johar’s “Ae Dil Hai Mushkil” will get a safe and secure release in theatres.
Here are some reactions by Bollywood celebrities over ADHM’s controversy:
- Ranbir is tensed, everyone is worried about how things are unfolding. He is hoping for the best: Bollywood Director Ayan Mukherjee
- I hope it gets a good release, and better sense prevails: Kunaal Kapoor
- I don’t want to get beaten up or threatened, will keep my opinion to myself: Actor Imran Khan
- If you want to ban anything to do with Pakistan, then go the distance. Don’t just ban filmmakers. I will support if you think banning anything to do with Pakistan is going to help our jawans: Abhay Deol
- Right now its not looking like you mean it, it just looks like it gets you a lot of publicity and makes noise. When you do half a job, no one is going to take you seriously. I don’t take the government seriously: Abhay Deol
- If you want to ban anything to do with Pakistan, then go the distance. Don’t just ban the filmmakers, then ban imports, exports etc: Abhay Deol
- He shot the film at a time when the situation was pleasant. Today at the time of film’s release he is being bullied. He didn’t do anything wrong, he has not broken the law. Visas are being granted by government, its legal for people to work here. It is very unfortunate that a film, and a filmmaker gets targeted like that: Director Zoya Akhtar.
The entire controversy had begun after the deadly Uri attacks, when Maharashtra based political party MNS threatened all Pakistani artistes to leave India or else be ready to face the consequences.
While the entire issue was being discussed, Karan Johar’s ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil,’ which stars Pakistani actor Fawad Khan, was dragged into the controversy.
(Latest News in English from Newsx)