New Delhi: Whether you stick to your classic little black dress, or try on some ethnic ensemble, spread love with fashionable frills this year on Valentine’s Day, says a designer.
Designer Priyanka Batra has suggested some tips to make your day stylish on Valentine’s Day, which falls on February 14:
* Flowy gowns and dresses in trendy colours such as icepink, red and blue with a belt can enhance the look to make the celebration even more colourful with the special someone.
* When in doubt about what to wear, wear a black dress! And to add some spice to the look, team it up with colourful heels, matching clutch and statement jewellery.
* Choose an outfit that accentuates your fine bits and hides the bits you don’t like. For example, if you don’t want to accentuate the bottom half, draw their interest to your top half by trying vibrant colours top or add some bling around your neck.
* Don’t make the mistake of sticking only to western wear as one can wear ethnic attire like a pleasant sleeveless kurti with straight pants. An anarkali suit paired with bold jhumkas is a good option too for a Valentine’s Day date.
* When it comes to make-up, avoid overdoing it. Kajal or eyeliner on your eyes, some lip gloss and a natural blush is enough to see you through a wonderful evening.
First Published | 10 February 2016 7:45 PM