New Delhi: Befriend a moisturiser, use face oils and avoid excessive exfoliation to get a natural glow despite the chill in the air.
Megha Shah, cosmetologist at Beauty & Curves Clinic, Surat, has shared a few skin care tips that can be followed during winter season:
* Cool breeze may deprive your skin of the essential moisture that keeps it soft. Apply and then reapply the moisturiser. But make sure that it is not too heavy for your skin. Otherwise, it will make your skin look oily and dark. A gel-to-cream base moisturiser would be ideal for any skin type.
* Bio oil not only offers anti-ageing properties, but also provides nourishment to the skin. These oils add a protective layer to your skin and offer that super glow.
* Hot water takes off the natural oil from the body, it plays havoc if you already have a dry skin. A lukewarm water is ideal to suit your body temperature as it does not dilate capillaries due to excessive heat.
* Have a nutritionally rich diet or food items rich in Omega 3 for a glowing skin. Nuts and seasonal vegetables are great for your skin. Avoid starchy and sugary foods as they may cause bloating and acne.
* Since your skin is already dry during winter season, excessive exfoliation will wash off all the natural oils from the skin and can damage it badly causing redness. Use gentle exfoliators like oatmeal and coffee powder, and seal it with a cream.
First Published | 6 November 2016 3:59 PM