New Delh: Avoid whites and long trousers or skirts too look more professional and feel comfortable at work during the monsoon season, says an expert.
Sheena Agarwaal, director, Urbanista Image Consultancy, has shared tips:
* Colours: You can beat the grey and dull weather with blues, reds and oranges. Avoid whites into the closet for a couple of months. Wearing white in the monsoon is certainly not a good idea as white clothes tend to get transparent when wet and get stained easily. The colour of your shirt can vary from blue, pink and red.
* Trousers and skirts: Long trousers are a no-no as they get dirty on your way to work. You could get them altered. If your work place allows it, smart formal skirts are a good bet during the monsoon season.
* Coats and jackets: You can team up your western attire with a trench coat or jacket to keep you warm during chilly evening breeze.
* Indian outfits: If you prefer a more traditional Indian outfit during monsoon season, then avoid salwars and patialas, but instead pick up a pair short kurtis with leggings or churidars. Long dupattas, which are difficult to manage during the rains, can be replaced with scarfs or stoles. Stay away from prints and fabric that tend to bleed when wet.
* Footwear: Leather shoes or sandals aren’t great in the rain as they tend to soak water and dry very slowly. Instead, choose jelly shoes, flats, floaters and any other sturdy footwear, which is also slip resistant. Avoid loose sandals as they tend to squirt dirt back on to you.
* Hair: Moist atmosphere outdoors can make your hair go frizzy. Tying your hair into a neat bun or a ponytail or a braid is a great way to keep it under control.
* Make-up: Waterproof kajal and eye-liner. You can go light on the foundation and if possible, avoid it.
* Denims: Keep the denims aside. Wearing them during the monsoon would not be a good idea as they usually take a long time to dry.
* Umbrellas: Match your umbrellas with your clothing. When shopping for raincoats online, consider picking umbrellas that could be teamed up with those. This would help to bring uniformity in your look.
(Latest News in English from Newsx)