New Delhi: Beach weddings are alluring with waves, sun and sand presenting a perfect frame for photographs. But your choice of ensemble can make or break your special day. So, opt for easy and flowy outfits over ethnic to make a style statement, says an expert.
Delhi-based Jannat Mehra, who manages her label under J By Jannat name, lists out easy ways to help you turn up as a style diva:
* Let go of Indian ethnic: Beach weddings are more of a western affair thus making gota-patti, anarkali and lehengas seem out of order. Instead, opt for contemporary Indian wear, like simple full-skirted lehengas, elegant gowns, dhoti pants with a shirt style blouse.
* Go for prints: A solid botanical print is an exquisite way to brighten any beachfront affair.
* Big ‘no’ for heels: Heels and stilettos on the beach will act as a hindrance to enjoy the sunset and the beach. Also, the chances are that they are likely to get spoilt in the sand. These should be avoided so the obvious choice should be to stick to flats, chappals and thong slippers.
* Fabric sense: Try adorning yourself with free flowing silhouettes in breathable fabrics like cotton, linen, organza, chiffon or georgette.
* Hair affair: Keep your hair tied up in a bun or a high pony to beat the heat. Outfits with deep back look great with such hairdos.
* Colour wheel: Colour is what reveals the true magic at these events. We can’t imagine a beach with ladies in staid black, blue or brown color. Accompany the colour wheel to pastel shades for a perfect wedding.
* Keep it simple and graceful: Say a complete no to velvets or heavily embellished ensembles for a beach wedding. The idea is to travel light and heavy velvets and embellishments act as a deterrent in travelling light. Also, these do not go with the theme of a beach wedding. Go for draped saris which can be worn easily.
* Be classy: Elegant, fuss-free and sophisticated jewellery are the key words. Keep yourself at ease with nothing expensive to take care of instead.
First Published | 1 August 2015 2:55 PM
Web Title: Ace the beach wedding look
(Latest News in English from Newsx)