Fruits are definitely a ‘must’ in everybody’s diet. While a large variety of fruits do wonders and keep an individual fit and healthy, there are some really good set of selective fruits which help the diabetes patients.
1. Black Jamun- Black Jamun is one of the best fruits for diabetics. It improves blood sugar control and its seeds can be powdered and consumed by the patients to control diabetes.
2. Guava- Guava is high in vitamin A and vitamin C and contains dietary fiber which is good for constipation. It also has a low GI.
3. Starfruit- Starfruits help in improving blood sugar control and are very good for diabetics.
4. Kiwi- Kiwis are very good in lowering of blood sugar level.
5. Papaya- Papayas are good for diabetes patients and are rich in vitamin and other minerals.
6. Pomegranate- It helps in improving the blood sugar statistics of the diabetics.
7. Oranges- These fruits are rich in vitamin C and can be consumed daily by the patients who are suffering from diabetes.
8. Jackfruit- Jackfruit improves insulin resistance and contains vitamin A, vitamin C, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, calcium, potassium, iron, manganese and magnesium.
9. Pineapples- These fruits are good for controlling diabetes as they are rich in anti-viral, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
10. Watermelon- Watermelons have low glycemic load and are very good for diabetes patients. However, they should be moderately consumed.