Delhi:The wait is over. OROP Scheme has been finally announced by government.
Following are some of the highlights of the event:
- Government open to further modifications in OROP.
- OROP to be given in effect from Jul, 2014
- Base year for OROP is 2013
- Revision of Pension will b done every five years
- Arrears will be paid in two half-yearly instalments
- Person who voluntarily retired will not be provided OROP benefit
- Present cost of OROP is around Rs. 8000-10000 cr.
Veterans’ reaction to the announcement:
- Protection Clause has not been taken into consideration
- If premature resignation is not considered, then they are going to protest till death, Says Satbir Singh (Retd. General)
- Only partially satisfied
- OROP must cover personnel taking VRS
- Need clarification on VRS issue
- Reject government’s five-yearly reviews plan
- Will carry on with their agitation