Ban Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' till Bihar polls: Congress

By
| Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 13:23
First Published |

New Delhi: The Congress will approach the Election Commission on Wednesday to seek a ban on Prime Minister Narendra Modi's "Mann ki Baat" radio address to the nation until assembly elections are over in Bihar, a party leader said.
 
"Congress along with JD-U and RJD leader will approach Election Commission today (Wednesday) to seek ban on Mann Ki Baat. Broadcast of this programme should be banned as model code of conduct for the assembly polls for Bihar is in force," a senior Congress leader told IANS on the condition of anonymity.
 
"It is a misuse of government machinery and is not permissible," the leader said.
 
Modi is scheduled to address the people in his radio programme "Mann Ki Baat" on September 20.
 
This will be the 12th "Mann Ki Baat", a programme where the prime minister shares his thoughts on different issues.
 
The first edition was aired on October 3 last year.
 
As per rules, when the model code of conduct is in force, the telecast or broadcast by political parties on Doordarshan or All India Radio can only be done as per the slot allotted to them by a draw of lots conducted by Prasar Bharti in consultation with EC.
 
The five-phased Bihar polls begin Oct 12 and will conclude Nov 6. Counting will be held Nov 8.
 

Download English News App and stay updated with all Latest News.
For News in English, follow us on Google+, Twitter and on Facebook.
 

Add new comment

CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.