The Aam Aadmi Party has launched a tirade of questions against Minister of Finance Arun Jaitley in his alleged illegal procurement of funds during his tenure as the head of Delhi & District Cricket Association (DDCA).
In a press conference on Friday, the AAP members Sanjay Singh and Ashutosh directed a slew of questions at Arun Jaitley.
Earlier, Jaitley had maintained the statement on his blog that he had not been personally accused by anyone and that appropriation of funds from DDCA were just minor "irregularities" which had been dealt with.
Ashutosh, along with Sanjay Singh who reiterated the AAP's demand of Jaitley's resignation, put forth five "specific" questions to Jaitley:
(1) Who was the owner of the firm 21st Century?
(2) Did Arun Jaitley pressurize ONGC to grant Rs. 5 crores to Hockey India?
(3) Arun Jaitley had acquired Rs. 114 crores for building of a stadium for EPIL, but instead of the Rs. 114 crores, EPIL had been given only half the amount. What happened to the remaining amount?
(4) Of the 14 companies that were reimbursed with Rs. 57 crores, 9 companies were registered under a single office, a single e-mail ID, and one director. What actions did Mr Jaitley take while he was in the fact-finding committee of the DDCA?
(5) Under Section 209 & 211 of the Companies Act 1956, any misappropriation of funds is punishable with imprisonment. Why hide the fact that 'irregularities' were criminal in intent?
During the conference, the AAP members added that the CBI raids at Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal’s office was a tactic to divert attention from the findings of the committee that were submitted on 17th November. In an effort to prevent the findings from being exposed to the public, the CBI raids were carried out.