Thiruvananthapuram: With the speeding up of evacuation process of stranded Indians from conflict zone Yemen in the last two days, more than 600 people would reach Djibouti and aircraft carrying them would reach Mumbai and Kochi on Sunday night.
External Affairs Ministry has informed Kerala that the stranded Indians who left in ship from Aden and Kukalla ports and via Sana’s airport would reach Djibouti on Sunday.
Aircraft carrying them would reach India on Sunday night, Minister for Non-Resident-Keralites Affairs KC Joseph said in a statement on Sunday.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy has sought urgent intervention of the Indian Embassy for getting the passports of some employees withheld by hospitals and bring them home, Joseph said.
Joseph also asked for steps to all Indians who want to return whether or not they had passports or other travel documents.
Meanwhile, a high level meeting to be chaired by Chandy would be held on Monday to discuss the steps to be taken to rescue others who were stranded in Yemen.
So far, more than 460 Keralites have returned home from Yemen after the civil war broke out in that country. According to an estimate out of the nearly 4,000 Indians, majority were from Kerala.