Shocking facts about Ishrat Jahan revealed in David Headley deposition
By Pooja Sirpaul
| Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 12:55
Mumbai: Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorist-turned-approver David Coleman Headley has revealed some shocking facts about the Mumbai terror attacks. David Coleman Headley was born Daood Sayed Gilani on 30 June 1960. He is an American terrorist of Pakistani origin, and a spy who conspired with the Lashkar-e-Taiba organization to carry out the 26/11 attacks.
• On the third day deposition, David Coleman Headley has revealed some shocking facts yet again. Headley has named Ishrat Jahan before court, saying she was a Lashkar suicide bomber. Jahan was killed in a 2004 encounter by Gujarat cops.
• Headley also claimed that the mastermind of the 2008 Mumbai attack, Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi told him about operation of Muzammil Bhatt’s operation in India. Lakhvi and Ishrat along with a few others were LeT operatives involved in a plot to assassinate the then chief minister of Gujarat, Narendra Modi.
• While being examined by public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam Headley confesses to using 2-3 mobile numbers simultaneously during 2006-2009 while visiting India. He also submitted his passport as proof to obtain these numbers from the service provider.
• Headley reveals exchanging emails with Tahawwur Rana, Major Iqbal and Sajid Mir in Pakistan using code language to communicate. Headley wanted to close down office in Jan 2009 post terror attack and Major Iqbal also seconded it. But Tahawwur Rana wanted to continue and also took steps for the same.
• David Headley visited Reliance webworld on September 12, Oct 18 and 30, 2007 to access internet with login id - immigration.usa. His signatures are still there at its entry-book in Mumbai.
• Headley had signed an agreement for an office in Mumbai’s Tardeo region on November 1, 2006. All the details mentioned in the agreement were true, according to Headley.Later, Headley applied for an extension of license to stay in his Mumbai office premises and was granted the same.
• Headley reveals receiving 25000 US Dollars from Major Iqbal and 40000 Pakistani rupees from Sajid Mir. He also received Rs 2000 in April 2008 and Rs 1500 in June 2008 from Major Iqbal. Abdur Rehman Pasha had given him Rs 18000.
• Before the deposition was adjourned due to technical glitches on Wednesday, there were some other shocking revelations too. On Tuesday, Headley described how he was assigned to gather military intelligence in India and recruit spies from the Indian Army.
•Earlier in the week Headley had claimed that he knew ISI official Brigadier Riyaz as the handler of LeT's top commander Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, who was the mastermind of the 26/11 attacks.
• Headley on Monday revealed that the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks were planned over a year in Pakistan. He said he had met Major Iqbal of the Pakistan Army first time in 2006 at a house in Lahore and discussed the matters with him.