New Delhi: Pakistan government has unleashed JeM boss- The Pathankot mastermind. It has also lifted ban on the terror magazine.
India and Pakistan have agreed to conduct a joint investigation into the terror attack at the Pathankot air base on Thursday. In this connection, a Pakistani probe team will arrive in India on March 27 and the probe will begin the next day, Sushma Swaraj, India's External Affairs Minister said this after her meeting with Sartaj Aziz, foreign affairs advisor to the Pakistan prime minister, on the sidelines of the 37th SAARC Ministerial Meeting held in Pokhara, Kathmandu.
India and Pakistan had earlier agreed to conduct a joint investigation but could not finalise the date for starting the probe. It is rumoured that Pakistan is conducting anti-India trade despite assurance.
Two months back Pakistan media had reported the detention of Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) leader Maulana Masood Azhar. India that time had said that it could not confirm the ‘mastermind’ of the terror attack on the Indian Air Force base in Pathankot – with a final call on foreign secretary S Jaishankar travelling to Islamabad deferred till the arrival of National Security Advisor Ajit Doval.
It had given India enough time to evaluate the steps taken by Pakistan on the Pathankot investigations, including whether the detention of Masood Azhar is enough. It also allowed space to frame a suitable response to Pakistan’s suggestion to send a special investigation team to Pathankot.