New Delhi: In a press conference called by the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Sunday pertaining to the reintroduction of the much-hyped odd-even traffic scheme in Delhi, the gathered AAP spokespersons accused the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) of instigating strikes to derail the smooth operation of the odd-even scheme.
Reacting to the news of the imminent auto strike which will spring into action on Monday, the AAP spokesperson alleged in the press conference that the BJP was trying to assist hand-picked companies so that the poor auto rickshaw drivers could be driven out of the national capital. The spokesperson also referred to the BJP as a ‘goonda force’, a party practicing hooliganism.
An auto rickshaw driver who had joined the podium with the AAP members also raised critical rhetoric against the BJP. He said that a company like Ola which was personally promoted by Prime Minister Narendra Modi was going to benefit the most from the strike. The driver also praised the odd-even scheme and said that the introduction of the odd-even scheme had increased their daily income.
Disregarding the issue of hazardous air quality in Delhi, many are embroiled in this political mud-slinging between different rivals.
From 18th April which is Monday and the fourth day of the odd-even, there is a high chance that the auto strike will take place in Delhi.
Here’s all you need to know about this imminent auto strike:
– All auto rickshaws will stop operating from Monday.
– The strike has been called by the Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh.
– AAP is accusing the BJP of ousting poor auto rickshaw drivers out of Delhi so that big companies can target the large number of customers and create their own market.
– The auto rickshaw strike is one-day strike which will take place on Monday.
– This strike is targeted towards app-based cab services.
First Published | 17 April 2016 3:31 PM
Web Title: Odd-Even row: All you need to know about the upcoming auto strike
(Latest News in English from Newsx)