NEW DELHI: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has today gathered at the Jantar Mantar to protest against the Land Acquisition Bill.
AAP headed by Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal organized a six-member committee to carry out the protest on Wednesday opposing the land ordinance presented by the central government.
While there were reports of farmers from Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Punjab, Haryana, Odisha and the Bundelkhand and Poorvanchal belt of Uttar Pradesh participating in the rally, extra security forces are deployed to prevent the AAP supporters marching towards the Parliament. Senior police officers are ordered to take an action against anyone violating the orders.
Highlights of the AAP rally:
- “I want to tell the farmers that should not worry. We are with them, said Gandhi.
- Modi government helps their crony corporates. In Parliament, they said suicides are not taking place, says Rahul Gandhi adding, “We will do what we can.”
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi reaches at the Lady Hardinge Hospital.
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh orders inquiry. Singh has spoken to Delhi Police commissioner and instructed him to institute an inquiry into the incident of farmer’s suicide in Delhi.
- I want to ask AAP.. What is more important? Rally or someone’s life? BJP’s Sambit Patra says.
- Why did AAP continue with its rally even after the incident? BJP asks AAP
- Kejriwal blames Delhi police for the incident. Says, police played politics into the matter.
- I do not intend to politicize this but I am sad that such an atmosphere has been created in our country, Pilot added on Jantar Mantar incident.
- Sachin Pilot speaking about the farmer’s suicide said, “I heard that the rally continued and no one tried to stop the farmer.”
- The organizers and police could have been more alert, says Ajay Maken
- He was brought dead, says RML doctor
- The body of the farmer is being taken to Lady Hardinge for postmortem
- Farmer at RML hospital dies
- Congress leader Ajay maken reaches RML Hospital to meet the farmer who attempted suicide.
- Arvind Kejriwal says he along with Manish Sisodia will be going to the hospital to meet the farmer
- TV channels claim that the man who hung himself was a farmer from Dausa in Rajasthan: Arvind Kejriwal
- Farmers of India have to unite: Kejriwal
- AAP government will not allow anyone to take the land from the farmers without their permission: Delhi CM
- The ordinance has been brought in for ‘super rich’ people, says Arvind Kejriwal on land ordinance.
- Ordinances are meant for emergencies and the Modi government must explain the urgency to bring the land ordinance: Arvind Kejriwal
- Farmers have lost faith in the Modi government, says Delhi CM
- I am sad that a man tried committing suicide in front of all of us and nobody tried to stop him, says Arvind Kejriwal at the Kisan Rally
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal was also present at the area where the man attempted suicide.
- Chaos at Jantar Mantar after man attempts suicide.
- Farmer allegedly commits suicide in public view by hanging himself from a tree, rushed to hospital.
- Delhi government will not leave the farmers orphan the way Modi government has, claims Gopal Rai of AAP
- AAP rally an attempt to divert the attention from the internal problems, says BJP.
- Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) pursuing anti-farmer policies, says Ashutosh of AAP
- On being asked about media to be kept away from Kejriwal, Police Commissioner BS Bassi replied, “No Comments”.
- Crowd in large amount gather at the Jantar Mantar.
(Latest News in English from Newsx)