New Delhi: The probe in the Malegaon Blasts has been completed as the main accused in the case Sadhvi Pragya Thakur has been given a clean chit. Earlier on Friday, the NIA had sought time to file the charge sheet hoping that the justice will prevail.
According to the NIA, the investigation has failed to find any substantial evidence that establishes the Sadhvi’s involvement in the blast. The removal of charges against her may set the stage for her early release from jail.
NIA DG Sharad Kumar gives a brief reaction in the probe and says that all makoka charges have been dropped due to the insufficient evidence against Sadhvi Pragya and because of High Court orders.
Kiren Rijju, Union Minister of State for Home Affairs of India in the row says that, “The investigation is complete and the NIA has asked the court to give time to file the charge sheet. I believe that the natural cause of investigation process has taken place and justice should prevail”
“There should be no interference at any level from any corner in handling such sensitive case” he added.
Whereas BJP minister Krishna Sagar Rao has welcomed the decision saying justice has been rightly served.
According to the NIA sources, all charges against Sadhvi Pragya and Col. Purohit will be dropped down in the charge sheet likely to be filed at the end of the month. However some evidences against Col. Purohit will be presented in the charge sheet but makoka charges would not be included.
First Published | 13 May 2016 4:33 PM
Web Title: Sadhvi Pragya gets clean chit in Malegaon blast case
(Latest News in English from Newsx)