Security forces deny Hizbul commander's surrender in J&K

| Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 15:07
First Published |
Tariq Pandita, Surrenders, Burhan Wani, Hizb ul Mujahideen

Reports of Tariq's surrender are absolutely baseless: Colonel N.N. Joshi

Srinagar: In a U-turn, senior police and army officers denied that any Hizbul commander had surrendered before the security forces on Saturday.
Denying earlier reports that Tariq Pandit, a close associate of Burhan Wani, the most wanted Hizbul commander in south Kashmir, had surrendered before the security forces, Colonel N.N. Joshi, the Srinagar-based defence spokesman, told reporters here: "Reports of Tariq's surrender are absolutely baseless."
Earlier some senior police officers and even defence sources had individually confirmed to media that Tariq Pandit, a commander of the Hizbul Mujahideen (HM) outfit had surrendered before the security forces.
It was said that Pandit's surrender before the security forces was a big blow to militancy as he had been seen in pictures uploaded on social media with Burhan Wani wielding weapons and wearing army fatigues.

Download English News App and stay updated with all Latest News.
For News in English, follow us on Google+, Twitter and on Facebook.

Add new comment

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.