WEST BENGAL: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday inaugurated IISCO steel plant at Burnpur in West Bengal on the second day of his visit to the state.
After the inauguration ceremony, PM Modi, who shared stage with the state Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, addressed a public rally in Burnpur.
Here are the highlights of what PM Modi said at his rally at Burnpur in West Bengal:
• All rating agencies are praising India
• Nation’s progress lies in progress of the youth
• Both the centre and the states need to work together for the prosper of the nation
• The Prime Minister and Chief Ministers are one Team and without a team, India won’t change
• Delhi alone will not run the country
• The Constitution has provided us a federal structure. However there has continuously been tension between the Centre and the state
• Government’s effort is to form Eastern India powerful and for this, West Bengal will have to be stronger first
• Development should not be affected due to political differences
• In 2014 Lok Sabh elections, Parties were attacking each other. I was attacked and I also attacked
• See papers, there was scam after scam but now no reports of any scam in my government