Court has said that prima facie and MCOCA cannot be dropped against Sadhvi Pragya Thakur: Wahab Khan, victim’s relative lawyer
— ANI (@ANI_news) June 28, 2016
2008 Malegaon blast accused Sadhvi Pragya's bail plea rejected
By NewsX Bureau
| Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 17:45
New Delhi: A key accused in the 2008 Malegaon blast, Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur's bail application was rejected on Tuesday by the special NIA court.
The court had reserved its decision on Sadhvi's bail plea and was expected to take a decision on it. This decision was taken a special judge.
Meanwhile, the family of Sadhvi Pragya Singh says they will approach High Court against Special NIA Court order.
The development is a big setback for the accused as there were several legal experts who were optimistic that she would get bail after the NIA had given her a clean chit in their charge sheet last month.
There has been an intervention application filed to the bail plea which was not incidentally opposed by the NIA, but by one of the victim's father where he stated that there was serious evidence even though Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) was dropped.