TELANGANA: Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi on Friday began 15-km ‘Padyatra’ in Telangana through five villages where he met the families of the farmers who committed suicide in the last year due to drought.
After the Padyatra, the 44-year-old leader addressed the farmers in Adilabad district of Telangana.
Here are the highlights of Rahul’s speech:
• UPA government had fought for the farmers.
• Modi government is against farmers.
• UPA government has always helped farmers whenever they need
• Modi doesn’t visit the farmers
• We had changed the land acquisition laws that benefitted the farmers
• The benefit of increased land prices should go to farmers.
• Even Telangana Chief Minister K Chadrashekara Rao doesn’t see the condition of farmers