New Delhi: Following outrage over his speeches, Islamic preacher Zakir Naik on Monday issued a statement saying he was shocked at the media trail against him regarding the recent terror attack in Dhaka on July 1, 2016. The Islamic preacher said he does not support terrorism or violence in any form whatsoever. He also said that he has not supported any terrorist organisations.

The statement read:

“So far not a single official Indian government agency has contacted me for any clarification regarding this issue. Would be my pleasure to cooperate with any official Indian govt investigation agency for any info they might require from me.”

“I do not support terrorism or violence in any form whatsoever. I have never supported any terrorist organisations. I strongly condemn anyone taking my statements out of context and using it for violence of any form,” said Zakir Naik while clarifying his stand.

“If time permits in next few days I will give replies to some of the major allegations on video and give it to the media as well,” Zakir added.

Islamic preacher Zakir Naik who has been a primary subject of a massive inquest after the Dhaka terror attacks skipped his flight which was bound for India on Monday morning, according to sources.

Here is the statement of Zakir Naik:

“According to me, the media is the most important weapon in the world. It can convert a hero into villain or even a villain into a hero.

I’m shocked at the media trial on me regarding the recent terrorist attack that took place in Dhaka Bangladesh on 1st July 2016. Most of the clips shown on the television of myself are either out of context, half statements or doctored. So are my statements in the print media.

I would have loved to give interviews whether for television channels or for the print media, but I fear that most of them will not publish it unedited or without twisting it. I came to this conclusion after I had given a few interviews, most of which were unfortunately mutilated and misutilised to serve the vested agenda of the channel or the newspaper.

If time permits, God willing, in the next few days I will give replies to some of the major allegations on video and give it to the media as well as put it up on social media as well as other public platforms so that the original answers are also available if the media misutilises it.

So far not a single official Indian government agency has contacted me for any clarification regarding this issue. It would be my pleasure to cooperate with any official Indian government investigation agency for any information they might require from me.

In conclusion, I repeat what I have always maintained –   I DO NOT SUPPORT TERRORISM OR VIOLENCE in any form whatsoever. I have never supported any terrorist organisations and have mentioned this over and over again in thousands of my public talks worldwide. I STRONGLY CONDEMN anyone taking my statements out of context and using it for VIOLENCE OF ANY FORM.”

 

Yours Sincerely,

Dr Zakir Naik