No Indians affected in France terror attack, says MEA

| Friday, July 15, 2016 - 11:36
First Published |
France, nice, truck, terror attack, External Affairs Ministry, mea, Vikas Swarup

New Delhi: External Affairs Ministry on Friday said there were no reports of any Indian being affected in the "terror" attack in Nice city of France, which left at least 80 people dead. Indian Embassy in Paris opened a helpline number: +33-1-40507070.

"Our ambassador in Paris is in touch with the Indian community in Nice. So far no report of any Indians affected. Our embassy in Paris has opened helpline +33-1-40507070," tweeted Vikas Swarup, Official Spokesperson, Ministry of External Affairs.

(Also Read: Terror attack in France: 80 killed as truck rams into crowd in Nice)

At least 80 people were killed on Thursday night when a large truck mowed through a crowd celebrating Bastille Day in Nice. French President Francois Hollande said the truck attack was of a "terrorist character".

"We condemn the attack. We are monitoring the situation. There are no reports of Indian affected so far," Swarup told a news channel.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi also condemned the "terror" attack in Nice, saying India stood with France in this hour of sadness.

Modi hoped for early recovery of the injured people. Over 150 people were injured in the mayhem.

Download English News App and stay updated with all Latest News.
For News in English, follow us on Google+, Twitter and on Facebook.

Add new comment

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.