New Delhi: Controversial Islamic preacher Zakir Naik, who has been in the headlines recently for his alleged provocative speeches inciting violence, on Friday, addressed the press over Skype.
Naik, who had postponed his press conference three times, exclaimed that he condemned violence and did not support terrorism. The Islamic preacher said that his incendiary speeches had been taken out of context and presented to the public.
(Also Read: Zakir Naik press conference: 10 things that he said)
"I will cooperate with the probe," said Naik, who is under the scanner of the National Investigation Agency (NIA) following the Dhaka terror attack where foreign nationals were mercilessly slaughtered.
Naik said that he had been wrongly prosecuted by the media and claimed that he had never promoted terrorism in his preaching.
Pro-Hindutva leader Sadhvi Prachi had earlier announced a reward of Rs 50 lakh for anyone who would ‘behead’ Zakir Naik.
Zakir Naik's sermons are telecast on Peace TV, run by his Islamic Research Foundation, and he also organises public lectures. His speeches on Peace TV were said to be popular in Bangladesh, where the network has been banned post the terror attack. One of the terrorists in the Bangladesh terror attack was allegedly an avid follower of Naik.