New Delhi: A video of functioning of Parliament’s multi-level security featured on Facebook Live which was posted by Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) MP Bhagwant Mann. This act by the lawmaker has united political parties including Bharatiya Janata Party and Congress in strong condemnation and they have demanded strict action against the AAP MP.
1. Bhagwant Mann has apologised in front of Speaker and said he wasn’t aware it was security breach.
2. A dozen MPs have put in notice demanding stern action against Mann and disruptions led to the adjournment of the Lok Sabha without any work.
3. “I will make a statement in the House to put across my view and apologise,” Bhagwant Mann said after the meeting.
4. RK Singh, BJP MP has demanded immediate suspension of Mann saying, “He said he will do it again.”
5. BJP MP Meenakshi Lekhi has demanded that Mann should be quizzed by the security agencies for this act.
6. Congress MP P L Puniya has termed this act as a security breach.
7. One security personnel had also requested Mann not to make a video of the premises but his words fell on deaf ears and Mann continued with the video.
8. Initially without expressing any remorse after receiving criticism for making the video in the Parliament, Bhagwant Mann had dismissed the remarks of his act being illegal.
9. In the 12 minutes video, Bhagwant Mann has given a running commentary of the various security level checks inside Parliament.
10. The video controversy has handed over fresh ammunition to the Bharatiya Janata Party and Akali Dal before the Punjab elections.