Kashmir: Lieutenant General DS Hooda, Northern Command Chief, while addressing a press conference on Vijay Diwas came out in support of Central Reserve Police Force’s (CRPF) stand of continuing to use pellet guns in Kashmir valley in order to control law and order situation there.
“The civil police have been dealing with the situation for the last 20-25 years and they know exactly what is to be done. They know that restraint has to be exercised and this is what exactly they are doing,” said Hooda in support of CRPF’s decision to continue using pellet guns.
While addressing a press conference on 17th Kargil Vijay Diwas, Lt. Gen. also spoke on the present situation prevailing in the border areas.
Here are some of the pointers from his address:
• More attempts of infiltration have been witnessed this year as compared to last year.
• Army is not in forefront dealing with the situation in Jammu and Kashmir. It’s more of the police and CRPF who tackles civil disturbance there.
• An increase in radicalisation mostly through social media has been witnessed. A check on it has to be made.
• Pakistan does have a direct role in leading to what is called proxy war in Kashmir.
• Attempts of more infiltration are expected in the coming weeks, but we are prepared to deal with it.
First Published | 26 July 2016 1:05 PM
Web Title: Lt. Gen. Hooda supports CRPF’s stand of using pellet guns in Kashmir
(Latest News in English from Newsx)