New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday delivered his 22nd radio address to the nation titled, ‘Mann Ki Baat’. In his address, wishing and encouraging the contingent for the forthcoming Rio Olympics, PM Modi touched upon various issues including schemes for pregnant women, technology, youth empowerment, his Africa visit and others.
Speaking about his speech on the Independence Day on August 15, the Prime Minister asked the citizens of the country to advise him about ideas for the speech.
Here are some of the highlights from PM Modi’s ‘Mann Ki Baat’ address:
- In Delhi, “Run for Rio” was organised, we will organise many more programs to encourage our athletes. We extend our best wishes to the Indian contingents who will be representing India at Rio, this year. Your Prime Minister is ready to become your postman, share your best wishes to the athletes on the ‘Narendra Modi App’
- Technology changes with every passing day, you can’t catch it … it keeps on transforming. Research and innovation is important.
- When we remember Dr. Kalam we think of science, technology. Future is going to be technology driven, we need to embrace it.
- Let us aim to innovate; when I talk about ‘AIM’, I am talking about Atal Innovation Mission.
- Few days back we were worrying about drought situation, now where on one side we hear about monsoon, on other side, we hear about floods. Happy about monsoon but with that also comes some illnesses. We’ve to be careful and take precautionary measures to fight those illness.
- Stop taking antibiotic without consulting the doctor. This shortcut should not be used. It can only give you momentary relief.
- We are concerned about health of pregnant women. In the last one decade, there is a decline in MMR but we are not able to save many pregnant women’s lives.
- Concerned about health of pregnant women, the Govt has started Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan (PMSMA). We have started Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan. Free check-up will be given in govt health centres to pregnant women on 9th of every month: PM
- There is a debate in the world, and concerns over Climate change, global warming.
- State governments and centre are working closely to help the flood-affected people.
- Recently I had the opportunity to visit South Africa for diplomacy purposes, but for me the visit was a “tirtha yatra” (pilgrimage). I had the opportunity to meet such people who struggled for equality. When we talk about South Africa, it’s natural to think about Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela and their great work.
- Everyone has different needs and priorities but there is only one way and that is ‘development.’
- These days we get messages on our phones promising huge profits on investments. Some people get enticed into it. These are latest methods of loot. Several conmen have come to the force. You must keep away from such things. One needs to be cautious and alert of the digital fraud which is quiet rampant these days.
- Want to congratulate people behind beautification of Aligarh railway station.
- “Raksha Bandhan”is approaching; can’t brothers gift Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana or Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana to their sisters?