Telangana headmistress dies while trying to hoist national flag on Independence Day

| Monday, August 15, 2016 - 10:13
First Published |
Independence Day, 15 August, Telangana, National flag, electrocution, Independence Day celebrations,

After the incidence, villagers immediately shifted the injured to the hospital | Image for pictorial purpose

New Delhi: Independence Day celebration in a school in Telangana took an unfortunate turn on Monday when a headmistress was electrocuted along with some of her students while trying to hoist the national flag.

Taking place at Medikonda village of Pudur Mandal in Rangareddy district, Prabhavati was trying to erect a pole with the help of her students to hoist the national flag at the school when the pole made contact with a live wire. Four students who were helping Prabhavati were injured due to electrocution. Prabhavayi had brought sweets and chocolates for the students on the occasion.

“Around 11.30 am, Prabhavathi found that there was no proper pole to unfurl the national flag on the school premises. She was trying to erect an iron pole when it came into contact with high tension wires passing through the school premises. Prabhavathi and the four students got electrocuted,” a Sub-Inspector in the Chengomul region said.

After the incidence, villagers immediately shifted the injured to the hospital where doctors declared the headmistress as brought dead to hospital.

Download English News App and stay updated with all Latest News.
For News in English, follow us on Google+, Twitter and on Facebook.

Add new comment

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.