UTTAR PRADESH: Prime Minister Narendra Modi who completes one year of being in power on Tuesday, addressed a large gathering in Mathura today, which is the birthplace of Jan Sangh ideologue Deen Dayal Upadhyay. (Also read: What to expect from PM Modi’s rally in Mathura today?)
Here are the highlights of what he said in Mathura:
4:45 PM: PM Narendra Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura
• I have taken bitter pill of land reforms.
• It is our dream to make India clean. Historic FDI inflows testimony to our success.
• Employment remains the priority for the govt. Tourism has increased after years of lagging.
• No one dreamt of eradicating poverty. Indians are now investing in India. I promise you, we will deliver on our promises.
• Unprecedented decentralization in government. This govt. is for you, of you and by you.
• Nation can only grow together, not divided. I have promised to reform 1300 rules, simplify law.
• World was marching by, India was being ignored. From policy paralysis to policy action now.
• I am not privileged, I am one of you. Previous govt's sat on vital public funds.
• Farmers of my country are my priority.
• We will bring in a new green revolution. Don't be swayed by propaganda. First we defeated corruption, now it's time to help farmers
• Employment, cheap credit, agriculture reforms coming soon. We have removed all bottlenecks for farmers
• I had said it in the very beginning that this is a government for the poor and for the welfare of the poor.
• A year ago you made a decision & after 30 years you elected a government with a clear majority. Today that government completes one year
• There is Shree Krishna in every part of this land. Shree Krishna's message was one- that of Karma Yoga.
• In a small village here Pandit Deendayal was born. His message was - do not get tired, do not stop, do not bend...only keep working.
• Major agriculture reforms are in the pipeline. Opposition is trying to misled the people.
• Land acquisition is also about the poor. Some people are only interested in keeping you poor.
• We have ended decades of corruption. In next five years, we will interlink all rivers.
• It is not only good days, it's end of bad days. Delhi is now closer to India than before. Poor can directly benefit now.
• Biggest achievement is ending corruption. Critics are jealous of our success. All our efforts are for people of India.
• We have achieved in one year, what UPA couldn't in five years. E-auction of coal mines has brought crores.
• In one year, I have been rejuvenated, not tired. This wave of change has only begun.
• Opposition would have run the country into the ground. My govt's mantra is pro poor, pro farmer.
• I have worked hard for the people. You the people are the source of my strength.
• My govt is dedicated to the poor of the nation. I have no doubt that poor have benefitted in last one year.
• I thank the people for their mandate.
4:27 PM: PM Modi at Deen Dayal Dham
• This is a good place to learn the way Panditji led his life and how the lives of the poorest of the poor can be improved.
• Deen Dayal Upadhyay is an inspiration to each one of us
• Political vision of Deen Dayal has shaped our country
• The vision of DD Upadhyay was exemplary.
• Modi pays homage to DD Upadhyay.