Mumbai: Mumbai police has gone on an aggressive patrol across the city — reason being the wedding of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim's nephew Alishah.
According to reports, there were threats of rival gangs disrupting peace in the city, especially at the venue of the reception which will be held at Tulip Star Hotel from 5:00 pm in Juhu, Mumbai.
Alishah tied the knot with Aisha Naganion on August 17. Aisha is the daughter of Mumbai-based businessman.
The ‘Niqah’ ceremony was held at Rasool Masjid, Nagpara.
Alishah is the son of Dawood’s deceased sister Hasina Parkar, who died of a heart attack in 2014.
Police sources have revealed that Dawood is expected to join the family function via 'Skype'. Mumbai Police’s Crime Branch has asked the anti-extortion cell to keep a close watch on the events.
Dawood's brother Iqbal Ibrahim Kaskar and members of the Parkar family, and their sisters Zaitoon and Farzana, along with their husbands, are likely to attend the wedding.
Sources close to Dawood Ibrahim’s family revealed that this is the most important function for Dawood as this is almost the last marriage in his immediated family.
Rumours that are doing rounds about the grand celebration:
1. The banquet hall of the hotel has a capacity to host 850 people.
2. Non-veg menu for food has been booked. The wedding feast will be prepared by Jaffer Bhai’s Delhi Darbar. The signature dish will be authentic Mughlai Biryani, a variety of kebabs, butter chicken, mutton korma and nahari with various types of breads. “The menu is quite elaborate, there will also be a salad bar where food will be served in a shell. For instance, we will have scooped water melon cubes in the watermelon shell.” the caterer told a leading daily.
3. The rent for the banquets was Rs. 1,85,000 + taxes which has been paid. The amount was paid in two instalments 90k + tax paid through cheque and the remaining 95k paid in cash.
4. Extra charges for sound and decoration have been paid; the estimated cost of both is between Rs 2 lakh to 20 lakh.
5. Sources also claim the newly wedded couple will receive a special gift from Dawood along with a greeting card with a personalized message from the underworld don himself.
6. Sources have revealed that don Dawood Ibrahim has invited the couple for a secret get-together somewhere in Saudi right after the wedding. The couple is likely to leave for Saudi for the same, soon after the wedding.