New Delhi: In a major step to punish perpetrators of terror at the Line of Control (LoC), India on Thursday carried out a surgical strike and targeted five terror launch pads at the LoC around 3AM on Thursday which lasted till 5AM.
DGMO Lt General Ranbir Singh briefed the nation about the surgical strike carried out by the Indian Army busting terror outfits in Pakistan.
Speaking on the surgical strike, Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu said, “These operations are a part of the mandate of the Indian Army to foil any attempts of infiltration into our soil. India has been repeatedly urging Pakistan that its territory should not be allowed for terror activities.”
Citizens and political leaders across party lines, who were keeping their hopes high from the government to revenge the Uri attack, have lauded the government for this initiative.
Below is how the surgical stike took place:
- Total 5 launch pads in the PoK attacked by Indian Army Para Special Forces. 3 positions were co-occupied by Pak army & terrorists & only 2 positions ready to be launched were present. 5 launch pads were targeted in the PoK & 3 Pak posts were targeted at the LoC.
- Total strength of 150 Para Special Forces in 5 different teams of Indian Army started yesterday at 3pm. They crossed the border and the encounter was executed between 3:00 & 5:00am Thursday morning. 2 Indian teams returned today morning at 6am & the remaining 3 were back at 8:30am.
- The Para SF teams had conducted recce of the same launch pads 2 days in advance.
- The initial plan was to attack on 27th night but was changed at the last moment and carried out on 28th night.
- Para SF had conducted recce 2 days in advance.
- Para SF used RPGs, shoulder fire and rockets were fired to destroy the launch pads.
- The distance of the launch pads inside PoK from LoC was 2kms to 3.5kms. But Indian Army Para SF walked for more than 8kms.
- They followed a circumvent route through thick jungles to avoid Pak posts in PoK. No helicopter was used. Gunships were on standby.
- The entire operation was being monitored by UAV. Movement of our troops too was being monitored inside PoK. Operation by 15 & 16 Corps and a situation room was set up by the Northern Command, not DGMO.
- The target given to SF was to inflict casualty on Pak army as neutralising terrorists wouldn’t have sent any message.
- 2 Indian Army soldiers were injured in the surgical strike. 1 was injured in a mine blast and 1 received minor injury.