New Delhi: Indian National Congress on Monday expressed its full support to Indian armed forces in their fight against terrorism.
The party leader and Deputy Leader of opposition in Rajya Sabha, Anand Sharma in a media conference said Pakistan wants to hurt India.
“It is clear that despite the bravery of the Indian soldier and our attack on terror launch pads along LoC, the forces that would want to hurt India are still present in our neighbouring country,” he said.
During the session, Sharma stated the following:
· Military bases were attacked by terrorists from across the border. As per the latest news, fresh attacks were launched today as well.
· If the terror syndicate is not dismantled in Pakistan, peace in South Asia will be very difficult to achieve:
· INC and the people of India stood together with the Indian armed forces in their fight against terrorism
· The entire nation salutes the brave jawan martyred while defending India
· Instead of learning from the seriousness of the situation, the Pakistan establishment still has the audacity to attack India
· Besides cease fire violations, attacks on army and BSF camps; and two ongoing attacks deserves strongest condemnation
· Our heart goes out to soldiers who have valiantly laid down their lives for the defence of the Nation
· It is imperative that India takes up the case of declaring Masood Azhar a terrorist with China
· We are concerned over the reports of a diversion of a tributary of the Brahmaputra
· North East India needs a firm reassurance that China will continue to honour the memorandum of understanding which was reached between China and India in 2013
· The thinking that this is the first time India Army has retaliated against a terror attack is not correct. It is a disservice to our Forces