Mumbai: Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan was on Wednesday given a clean chit by the Mumbai police in connection with a brawl at the Wankhede stadium after an Indian Premier League (IPL) match in the year 2012.
Police said no ‘cognisable offence’ was made out against the actor.
“After the investigation, it was found that no cognisable offence had taken place,” said a police report filed in the court recently.
A petition had been filed by an activist against Khan for abusing the security personnels of the stadium. However, the actor had refuted the allegations against him.
Following the incident at the Wankhede stadium, the Mumbai Cricket Association had imposed a five-year ban on Shah Rukh, which was lifted last year.
(Latest News in English from Newsx)