New Delhi: After political leaders questioning the recently conducted surgical strikes by the Indian Army across the Line of Control (LoC) following Pakistan’s denial, former Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh in an exclusive conversation with NewsX supported the surgical strikes and criticized those who questioned it, specially the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Chief and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal.
The ex-army man also supported the DGMO going public with the strike and said, “the country wanted to know that we have reacted.”
Amarinder Singh also cautioned the critics against buying Pakistan’s narrative of lies and said that he agrees with what the DGMO said. However he did accused the BJP and Akali Dal for creating a war hysteria at the border by ordering evacuations during haverst time. He claimed that this did not happen even during Operation Parakaram, 1965 and 1971, so why now when there is no war.
However, Amarinder accused the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) for playing politics of vote bank. He also debunked the CNN footage that questioned the surgical strike.
— NewsX (@NewsX) October 5, 2016
Here is the highlight of the NewsX conversation with the former Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh:
- If DGMO says we have retaliated then we have
- I go by what DGMO says not Kejriwal
- We don’t need to justify it to people
- Let Army get on with its job
- BJP-SAD creating fear psychosis on borders
- Army is at peace but Punjab is evacuating
- What Army did is 100% correct in retaliation
- Country wanted to know what we did in retaliation
- Debunks CNN footage debunking strike as all `drama’
(Latest News in English from Newsx)