New Delhi: Maggi noodles are safe for consumption, Nestle CEO Paul Bulcke said on Friday.
“The product Maggi noodles are safe for consumption,” he told the media here.
“Our priority now is to engage all stakeholders to clarify the confusion. We felt that consumer trust was shaken, that’s why we took the product off the shelves.
“The tests we have done have found no lead. So we are trying to engage with the authorities regarding the test methods they have used,” he added.
Nestle India earlier on Friday said it was withdrawing Maggi noodles across the country amid a nation-wide scrutiny over more-than-permissible limits of lead.
“Maggi noodles are completely safe and have been trusted in India for over 30 years. The trust of our consumers and the safety of our products is our first priority,” the company said in a statement.
Some state governments have banned Maggi for 15-30 days.