Lucknow: Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in Lucknow to celebrate the auspicious festival ‘Dussehra’ on Tuesday.
Referring to India’s surgical strikes across the Line of Control, Modi had earlier announced that this year’s celebration of Vijaya Dashami will be ‘very special’.
PM Modi also adressed a public rally at the Aishbagh Ramleela Ground.
Catch the live updates here:
– Jo aatankwaad karte hai unko jadh se khatam karne ki zarurat hai, jo atankwaad ko madad dete hai ab to unko bhi baksha nahi ja sakta: PM
– Women need to be respected and treated right, no matter what religion or background one comes from: PM Modi
– Lekin hum bete aur beti mei fark karte maa ke garbha mei kitni Sita ko maut kay ghaat utaar dete hai: PM Modi
– So when we burn Ravana, we should remember that humanity cant be saved lest we fight terrorism together: PM Modi
– Today we are celebrating Vijaydashami, and the world is celebrating International Day of the Girl Child: PM Modi
– Filth, poverty and illiteracy are another form of Ravana, so lets burn them as well this year: PM Modi in Lucknow
– In 1992-93, was talking to someone from US Dept of State on terrorism, they said its your “law & order problem”. That changed after 9/11: PM
– The whole world is being destroyed by terrorism. For 2 days we are looking at a picture of a small girl from Syria: PM Modi
– If you think that we are free from terrorism, then you are wrong. It is a virus affecting our society: PM Modi
– So even if all of us can’t be Lord Ram, we can all try and be Jatayu, and keep terrorism at bay: PM Modi in Lucknow
– Ramayana is the witness, that the first fighter against terrorism was Jataayu, who fought for a woman’s honor: PM Modi in Lucknow
– There should be a celebration of Dusshera within ourselves as well, kill the 10 “haras” within ourselves: PM Modi
– We burn Ravan every year, what does it teach us? Everytime we do that we should promise to kill the Ravan within ourselves & the society: PM Modi
Speaking on the occasion of Dussehra, PM Narendra Modi urged the countrymen to unite and speak in one voice to end the evil of terrorism from the country. Modi also urged people to respect women and treat them right.
Krishna je jeevan me yudh tha, Ram ke jeevan me yudh tha, par hum vo hai jo yudh se Budh ke marg pe jaana chate hai: PM Modi pic.twitter.com/GZ86THB1Oc
— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) October 11, 2016
First Published | 11 October 2016 6:51 PM