New Delhi: Karwa Chauth is the Hindu festival celebrated in North India by married women. They celebrate the day by fasting for their husband’s prosperity, longevity of life and wealth. Karva Chauth festival will be celebrated today, October 19 or the fourth day after full moon in the Karthik month usually before Diwali. On this day, a married woman is not supposed to eat food or drink water.
Karwa Chauth 2016 Katha & Puja Vidhi:
Karva Chauth Pooja starts in the evening at 6 PM. The women dress up and gather for puja. The karwa chauth katha is read aloud as the thali with a glass of water, sweet, a diya and other pooja materials is passed around in a circle. The entire duration for Karwa Chauth Puja is around 1 hour and 13 minutes.
Karwa Chauth Puja Time 2016:
- The timing of Karwa Chauth puja would begin at – 6 PM
- The timing of Karwa Chauth puja would close at – 7:14 PM
- Karwa Chauth Puja Muhurat = 17:44 to 19:00
- Duration = 1 Hour 16 Mins
- Moonrise On Karwa Chauth Day = 20:52
- Chaturthi Tithi Begins = 22:47 on 18/Oct/2016
(Latest News in English from Newsx)