New Delhi: With the forthcoming Assembly Elections in the state of Uttar Pradesh, NewsX in a Facebook live conversation decoded the state of all political parties for the big ticket elections slated for early 2017.
NewsX anchor Akshay Tandon and Senior Executive Editor Priya Sehgal, tried to decode the issues that may be raked up by different political parties to the run-up to the state elections. They also discussed the tussle between SP and BSP and what was next for Congress in the state of UP.
Some of the strategies discussed were:
- BJP coming up again with their issue of Ram Mandir.
- How the Ram Mandir issue could be a cause of worry for both the ruling Samajwadi party (SP) and Mayawati’s Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP).
- The fact that amid the BJP’s Ram Mandir politics, SP in return has promised a Ramleela Theme park in the state.
- How the Muslim vote is moving away from the SP to the BSP.
- The Congress stand on the entire issue—will Priyanka Gandhi be given a chance, given that the party had already announced Sheila Dikshit as their Chief Ministerial candidate?
- Over possibilities of Rajnath Singh being projected as BJP’s CM face.
WATCH the video for the entire discussion.
First Published | 19 October 2016 8:54 PM