New Delhi: A fire broke out in the children’s ward of Guru Teg Bahadur hospital in the early hours of the Saturday morning. All the people were evacuated safely.

The incident happened at around 3.30 am.

Six fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the fire.

The fire was triggered by overheating of the ventilator following which the electrical wire also caught fire.

“The fire was triggered by overheating of the ventilator following which the electrical wire also caught fire. Our doctors and nurses saw it and immediately raised an alarm.

“All the 34 children in the ward were evacuated and taken to another ward. No one was injured in the incident. The fire was brought under control by 4:35 am,” a senior official of the hospital said.

Last week, a massive fire broke out at a private hospital in Bhubaneswar, leaving 26 people dead.

 

First Published | 22 October 2016 9:37 PM
Download English News App and stay updated with all Latest News. For News in English, follow us on