Kolkata: After different reactions pouring in post the government’s decision to demonetise two big value currency notes, Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who had criticised this move, on Saturday hit out at the government and said, “This is a betrayal with people”.
Mamata Banerjee, who earlier personally visited Banks and ATMs to take stock of the current situation said, “I personally visited several banks today to listen to tales of hardship of common people. Without proper planning, this is dangerous; Rs 100 notes are not available in banks; this draconian decision needs to be withdrawn.”
“More than 2 lakh ATMs are closed, money is not available; people are facing lot of problems. Only 1 % people hold black money; why are the other 99% being harassed for this,” Bengal CM said.
Only 1 % people hold black money; why are the other 99% being harassed for this: WB CM Mamata Banerjee pic.twitter.com/eVt8BauU15
— ANI (@ANI_news) November 12, 2016
Mamata Banerjee continued and said, “This is a betrayal with people. A sudden midnight decision was taken. But few ruling party people knew about it. A few money launderers are profiting due to this ‘black decision’; Dangerous, Disastrous and Draconian decision.”
This is surgical anarchy. Even eminent economists are saying this this demonetisation will not affect black money. This anti-people, anti-poor; Government has no moral right to continue in power. This is a dictatorship,” Bengal CM concluded.
The Chief Minister visited three banks on Jawaharlal Nehru Road, Ashutosh Mukherjee road and Sarat Bose Road in South Kolkata and talked to the customers and the staff.
First Published | 12 November 2016 5:21 PM