New Delhi: Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and other Opposition parties on Wednesday led a protest march to the President’s House and submitted a memorandum to President Pranab Mukherjee over their demands concerning the decision to demonetise Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes.
Opposing the sudden move to demonetise currency by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) led government, Mamata Banerjee and other Opposition parties held a press conference and said, “Demonetisation is a disaster for the country people.”
Here are the highlights of the Press Conference:
* Initially ATM meant “All time Money” now it is “Aayega tab milega”.
* We’ve requested the President to speak to the government and decide on this and bring back normalcy in the country.
* President was once the Finance Minister and knows country’s situation better than anyone else, he will take appropriate action.
* Our party will move adjournment motion in Lok Sabha.
* Common man suffering due to government’s decision, India doesn’t have plastic money.
First Published | 16 November 2016 3:01 PM