New Delhi: In a tragic incident, at least 100 people have died and several others injured after 14 coaches of Patna-Indore Express train derailed near Pukharayan in Kanpur on early Sunday morning.
* PM Modi has announced an ex gratia of Rs 2 lakh for next of kin of deceased; Rs. 50,000 for those seriously injured.
* More than 100 people have died, rescue operation are still underway: Daljeet Singh Chaudhary, ADG, Law and order, UP.
* Minister of State (MoS) Railways Manoj Sinha has reached the accident site to take stock of situation and relief work.
* Railway Minister expected to reach the accident site.
* Help desk set up at Patna railway station to assist family members of those onboard in Patna Indore Express that derailed near Kanpur.
* “Chhatarpur SP, Collector, rescue team, a medical team rushed to accident spot; Injured will be given free treatment,” MP CM Shivraj Chouhan said.
* UP CM has announced ex-gratia of Rs 5 lakh to families of the deceased; Rs 50,000 for serious injury; Rs 25,000 for minor injury.
* UP ADG (law and order) has also taken stock of the relief and rescue operation at spot.
* Two NDRF teams from Varanasi and one NDRF team from Lucknow rushed to accident spot to assist in rescue operations.
* Injured taken to hospitals, dead bodies moved to mortuaries, those in state to travel moved to Kanpur railway station by buses: Javeed Ahmad, DG UP
* One army column, team of doctors and paramedics deployed at the spot to help in rescue operation.
* Injured being moved to hospitals; special buses arranged for people who wish to carry on with their journey: Javeed Ahmad, DG UP.
* Railway Minister has ordered 4 senior officers of railways to rush to the spot, MoS Railway has also left for the spot: Indian Railways spokesperson.
* NDRF teams and Army jointly conduct relief and rescue operations.
In pic: List of trains diverted/cancelled following Patna-Indore express train derailment near Kanpur (UP) pic.twitter.com/uGVN1jtqAW
— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) November 20, 2016
First Published | 20 November 2016 12:20 PM