Very proud; my son sacrificed his life for nation. He always wanted to join Army and we never stopped him: Father of Major Gosavi K Mannadir pic.twitter.com/TQry45n9ud
— ANI (@ANI_news) November 30, 2016
Nagrota terror attack: Army resumes combing operations
By NewsX Bureau
| Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 09:33
Nagrota: Army resumed combing operations in Nagrota on Wednesday following Tuesday's deadly terror attack on a military base, which killed seven soldiers.
The gunbattle began yesterday after heavily armed suicide attackers stormed the camp. 3 terrorists were also killed in the attack.
At one stage, the gunmen also took 12 soldiers, two women and two children hostage. But the army said they were safely rescued.
Meanwhile, many political parties' leaders have condemned the terror attack.
"I strongly condemn attack in Nagrota. Terror will never deter us from our path of peace & progress.We owe this to our brave martyrs," said Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi.
This is the second major attack on an army camp in past 3 months. Earlier in September, 17 soldiers were killed in a deadly attack on a army camp in Uri.