NEW DELHI: A major controversy surrounded the Delhi Chief Minister recently over his electricity bill worth Rs. 91, 000 for two months. This was revealed in a RTI response. But according to a latest report exposed by a leading daily, it is not only Arvind Kejriwal who has been slapped with such a big amount as there are other prominent names in the list as well. Several ministers from the Union government are reportedly consuming electricity bills exceeding lakhs of rupees.
According to the report, electricity bill of Prime Minister Narendra Modi is around Rs. 21 lakh and Finance Minister Arun Jaitley is around Rs. 3.62 lakh, while Congress Vice President received the bill of Rs. 1.76 lakh for the month of June
Here is the list of electricity bills of the some of the politicians released by the daily in its report:
- Arun Jaitley’s electricity bill for the month of June is Rs 3.62 lakh.
- Congress MP Sachin Pilot’s electricity bill for the same month amounts to approximately Rs. 43,000.
- Minister of Science and Technology Jitendra Singh received a bill of Rs. 1.97 lakh.
- Minister of Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal received a bill of Rs. 1.35 lakh.
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s electricity bill costed him Rs. 1.76 lakh approximately.
- Electricity bill of Minister of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Uma Bharti is Rs. 1.20 lakh.
- Electricity bill of Minister of Road Transport and Highways, Shipping Nitin Gadkari is Rs. 53, 761 which certainly is comparatively far lower as compared to his colleagues.
The report also maintained that the reason for such huge amount of bill is yet to be ascertained.
On the other hand, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government has reportedly come up with a clear rejection claiming that Kejriwal’s monthly electricity bill is approximately Rs. 15, 000 and ‘nowhere close to the figure being reported in the media’.
According to the reports, the electricity bill of Rs. 91, 000 that was made public included charges for a camp office at the Chief Minister’s residence at Civil Lines in North Delhi. The capital ruling government has clarified that the CM’s house is separated into two units using separate power connections and the private residence of for Income Tax officer was only one of these units.
(Latest News in English from Newsx)