Taking place on Sunday morning, a massive fire broke out near Kerala’s Padmanabhaswamy temple which gutted a postal office and its godown.

The fire was caused due to garbage burning by few locals in the area who did it preciptiously close to the office. However, no casualties were reported in the incident and fire officials immediately doused the flame.

ANI shared pictures where policemen can be seen trying to douse the fire which had eaten itself through the roof of the office.

Locals who were asked about this incident says that it largely occurs due to the city’s inefficient waste disposal system.

First Published | 26 February 2017 11:06 AM
Download English News App and stay updated with all Latest News. For News in English, follow us on