At least three children died on Tuesday after consuming alleged poisonous food in a Bihar village, police said.

The children, aged between 3 and 4 years, consumed rice with vegetables and soon complained about stomach pain and breathlessness in Khatlauna Bigha village in Nalanda district.

“When their family rushed them to the hospital, they were declared dead,” a police official said.

The family alleged that their neighbours mixed poison in the food, the official said.

First Published | 28 February 2017 1:43 PM
Download English News App and stay updated with all Latest News. For News in English, follow us on