On the occasion of World Youth Skills Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday launched the Skill India campaign.
Here are the highlights of PM Modi’s speech:
• If China boasts of being the manufacturing factory of the world, then India definitely can become the human resource capital of the world.
• We aim to increase the opportunity which is why we have not restricted ourselves to skills and have focused on entrepreneurship.
• The world is celebrating World Skill Day and I am proud that we are participating in it.
• IITs and IIMs have made us proud globally. Now, its time for our ITIs to make us proud’
• Skill India is our endeavour to fulfill billions of dreams
• No individual deserves to spend his youth begging for livelihood
• Bid to empower 96.4% of India. Provide soft loans for vocational training.
• Mega skill enhancement push. Target 40.2 crore workers over 7 years
• This program is not only to fill stomachs, but also to instill self confidence in poor families and bring a new energy to the country.
• And I will form an army of poor, every poor is my soldier, we will win this war against poverty on behalf of their strength.
• I congratulate Rajiv Pratap Rudy and his team for the manner in which they have taken this ahead.
• This mission is not limited just to skill. We need to give impetus to entrepreneurship