A week after the US Department of State designated Hizb-ul-Mujahideen (HM) chief Syed Salahuddin as ‘Specially Designated Global Terrorist’, the terrorist group founder admitted to carrying out terror attacks in India.
Salahuddin during an interview to a private TV channel in Pakistan said, “Yes I carried out terror attacks in India”.
Asserting that he enjoys a lot of support in India, Hizb-ul-Mujahideen chief also said that there was “nothing wrong in Pakistan funding us (terror) groups”.
Syed Salahuddin has been charged under Section 1(b) of Executive Order (E.O.) 13224, which imposes sanctions on foreign persons who have committed, or pose a significant risk of committing, acts of terrorism that threaten the security of US nationals or the national security, foreign policy, or economy of the United States.
The 71-year-old Salahuddin is the head of Kashmir-based militant separatist group ‘Hizb-ul-Mujahideen’.
In 2016, Salahuddin had vowed to train more Kashmiri suicide bombers and threatened to turn the Valley “into a graveyard for Indian forces.”
Earlier this week on July 1, Hizbul chief Syed called the US decision to designate him as a global terrorist as “idiotic” and has will not effect to the freedom struggle of Jammu and Kashmir.
Speaking at a press conference at the Central Press Club in Muzaffarabad, he said that the move by Donald Trump administration was only aimed to “please and satisfy” Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi ahead of his state visit to US.
(Latest News in English from Newsx)